PVC is made of polyvinyl chloride, also called adhesive film. The raw material is yellow and translucent, with good transparency; it has the characteristics of high strength, good flexibility, and not easy to be brittle. PE is made of polyethylene, which is the simplest macromolecular organic compound. PE is relatively soft and has a waxy feel to the touch. Compared with PVC, it is lighter in weight and has a certain degree of transparency. The biggest difference between the two is that PVC can be welded, while PE material cannot be welded.
The specific difference between PVC and PE:
One, the material is different
1. PVC is a vinyl polymer and its material is a non-crystalline material.
2. The full name of PE is Polyethylene, which is the simplest macromolecular organic compound, which is polymerized by ethylene.
Two, different application scenarios
PVC has good processing performance, low manufacturing cost, corrosion resistance, insulation, etc.; it is mainly used in packaging materials, pipes, doors and windows in the building materials industry.
Can be used to make, pvc cards, pvc OEM, pvc wire, pvc curtains, pvc coated welded wire mesh, pvc foam board, pvc ceiling, pvc water pipe, pvc skirting line, etc., as well as threading pipes, cable insulation, plastic doors and windows, Plastic bags and other aspects.
In addition, PVC is also very common in daily life. It can be used to make all kinds of imitation leather (such as luggage, belts) and sports products (such as basketball, football and rugby).
PE has excellent processing performance and use performance, and is mainly used in the fields of pipes and films.
PE can manufacture various bottles, cans, industrial tanks, barrels and other containers through the blow molding process; the injection process can manufacture various daily containers, daily sundries, furniture, etc., such as basins, barrels, baskets, baskets, and baskets; The process can produce various pipes, straps, fibers, monofilaments, etc.
In addition, it can also be used to manufacture wire and cable coating materials and synthetic paper.
Third, whether it is toxic
1. PVC itself is not toxic, but if plasticizers, antioxidants, etc. are added, it will be toxic.
2. PE is an organic compound, the material is non-toxic and harmless to the human body.
Fourth, the difference in the use of pipelines
Both PVC and PE can be used as pipes, but their suitable installation methods are also different.
There are two main ways to install the pipeline: one is branch-like; the other is octopus-like.
1. The dendritic shape is continuously branched out by a supervisor. Generally, only PVC pipes can be used in this way. At present, PE pipes cannot correspond.
2. The octopus type means that the host machine comes out to connect a static pressure box, and multiple pipes are connected to the static pressure box at the same time. Most of this method uses PE pipes, of course, PVC pipes can also be used, but the construction is more difficult. Because PE pipes can be bent directly, but PVC pipes cannot.
How to distinguish pvc and pe materials:
PVC material has good transparency, because most of them use plasticizers, it will be light yellow. The PE material has poor transparency and whiter color.
PVC material has strong toughness, can be greatly widened and elongated, and is easy to stick to hands. The PE material has poor toughness and can break after stretching.
3. Flame color
The flame of PVC material is yellow-green, there is no dripping phenomenon, it will go out after leaving the fire source, and it has a strong pungent odor. The PE flame is yellow, and can burn quickly, the smell is not pungent, close to the smell of candle burning.
The density of PE is lower than that of water and will float up after being immersed in water; while the density of PVC cling film is higher than that of water, and it will sink when immersed in water.